These steps are not my creation. Again, necessary to remember when considering work life and your future. Read and learn.
1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing - that we could manage our lives perfectly and those of anyone else who would allow me.
2. Came to believe there was no power greater than ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.
3. Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their wills and lives over to our care even though they couldn't understand us at all.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of everyone we knew.
5. Admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of everyone else's wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to make others straighten up and do right.
7. Demanded others to either "shape up or ship out."
8. Made a list of all persons who had harmed us and became willing to go to any length to get even with them all.
9. Got direct revenge on such people wherever possible except when to do so would cost us our own lives or, at the very least, a jail sentence.
10. Continued to take the inventory of others, and when they were wrong, promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
11. Sought through bitching and nagging to improve our relations with others as we couldn't understand them at all, asking only that they knuckle under and do things our way.
12. Having had a complete physical, emotional, spiritual breakdown as the result of these steps, we tried to blame it on others and to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
For those of you who are familiar with AA's 12 Steps, these alternative steps might just give you a new perspective on the idiocy we sometimes perpetuate in our own lives. When we have difficulty seeing "the right way", sometimes a twist in language helps us see "the wrong way".